UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jun 2021, 11:21 am   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Use Of Photos from w140 Tek Wiki?

Hi!

Does anybody know whether w140 Tek Wiki has any specific restrictions on using photos from the Oscilloscope pages?

Wikipedia's pictures nearly always state "Creative Commons" but the pictures on the Tek Wiki don't!

I'm wanting to use the Top & Bottom Internal Photos of the Tek 555 Power Supply Unit for Chapter 52 of my T & M Book – I found the original pictures from an Australian chap's website, but I was unable to contact him for permission as his email server bounced my email straight back at me!

This was the original site:–

http://www.lemis.com/grog/Albums/Tek...11133#Photo-26

His "Copyright" page says his material is "Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial Share Alike" which I think is "CC–SY–NC–BA–3.0") so I think there's no problems as my Book will be released under the same licence, but I don't want him suddenly sending a bill of 10k AUD to me!

Can anybody clarify?

(Buying a 555 power supply simply for two pictures is obviously out of the question!)

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 4th Jun 2021 at 11:32 am.
Old 4th Jun 2021, 8:06 pm   #2
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Use Of Photos from w140 Tek Wiki?

Chris, there is a guy in the US, Mr. Cristianson (I think) who does many repair videos, and I am certain he has a 555. I bet an email to him would get you a couple of photos which he would no doubt give you permission to use.
Cheers, Les.
Old 5th Jun 2021, 4:01 pm   #3
Chrispy57
Hexode

Les - I think you are referring to Mr. Carlson?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU9...wrWb_3GxeteQPA

Cheers
Chris
Old 5th Jun 2021, 7:49 pm   #4
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Chris, yes, you are correct. I was struggling to think of his name, but the "Mr. C----" was right and presumably was the clue for you. He strikes me as helpful and fairly sure he did a PSU analysis on a 555.
Les.
Old 7th Jun 2021, 3:48 pm   #5
TonyDuell
Dekatron

If all else fails, I could photograph the PSU of my Tekky 555 showing whatever bits you want. I would certainly be happy for you to use said photos in your book.
Old 7th Jun 2021, 5:36 pm   #6
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I think Member TonyDuell can supply me with the desired pics, PM sent!

Chris Williams
Old 8th Jun 2021, 4:28 am   #7
TonyDuell
Dekatron

PM received and replied to.
Closed Thread