UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Feb 2014, 1:55 pm   #1
Roberto41240972
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Baird M.620 Series b/w tv

I have been given a Baird B&W tv its a M.620 series i need to find a connecting mains plug for it.. does anyone know what type it is? its bigger than the Bush P29 plug. Also can anyone advise me whats the best capacitors to replace the old wax types.

I am new to 405 line restoration project. I have never worked on old sets before but have worked on colour sets from the 1970's to 2000.

any advice and help will be gratefully received.

thank you for your time

Rob
Old 27th Feb 2014, 2:29 pm   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: Baird M.620 Series b/w tv

Some of the old 2pin flex connectors may provide a suitable cable mounted socket.
I do not wish to discourage you, but such a set may be daunting for a beginner,
perhaps starting with a small 405 only set might be better.
I will be restoring a similar set in about a month.
Is your set like the one here ?
http://www.freewebs.com/405tv/BAIRD%20INSIDE.JPG

Good luck
Tony
Old 27th Feb 2014, 4:55 pm   #3
Roberto41240972
Retired Dormant Member

Hi tony yes its similar set but this one i got his 625/405 lines tuner. I know its a big job but am very good with my electronics. but will take time and do it in stages.
Old 27th Feb 2014, 5:26 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hello,

If your Baird TV has a two pin mains connection with a flat metal blade between the two pins (and slightly spaced to one side), then the correct female flex connector will have a recess/groove on one side, which polarises the assembly, ensuring the chassis of the TV is at mains neutral and not mains live/line.

You can use a non-polarised connector, but be sure that it is connected such that the TV's chassis is at mains neutral potential (which is safer).

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Closed Thread