UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jun 2017, 12:06 pm   #61
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05T TV

Quote:
This shouldn't happen is you use the last preset button (so called VCR channel).
it is the VCR channel I am using, all of these problems are present on it. Last time I used it, it also suddenly 'untuned itself'.
Old 28th Jun 2017, 12:36 pm   #62
toshiba tony
Heptode

Not all sets with varicap tuning utilised a button for VCR use. This one did as far as I can remember. A well know trick was if the set used a TBA920 line oscillator, ground pin 10, or was it 9. This sometimes resulted in line tearing on borderline signals. Bailed us out of a few pickles though.
Old 28th Jun 2017, 7:11 pm   #63
ben
Dekatron

I had a few cp90 sets (the successor to the K30 IIRC) with this sort of distortion. It was always the capacitors on the IF sub PCB going leaky. Might be worth looking at the equivalent circuit in your set.
Old 19th Jul 2017, 10:57 pm   #64
Eidolon
Hexode

Hopefully sending it in for a full service in the very near future, so will get the suggestions looked at. thanks for the help
Closed Thread