UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jul 2017, 1:52 pm   #1
neutronic
Pentode

Default Philips; Their TV history

An excellent website,after a thoroughly search written by the son of one of the inventors.

http://www.maximus-randd.com/technology-history.html

Jard N.
Old 19th Jul 2017, 10:30 pm   #2
Andrew2
Nonode

Default Re: Philips; Their TV history

Thanks for this. I've loaded it onto my tablet so I can relax on the sofa with a cup of tea while reading it. It's fascinating so far.
Old 19th Jul 2017, 10:52 pm   #3
chriswood1900
Octode

Jard, thank you for this link it is proving very interesting, I love anything to do with early TV.
Chris
Old 20th Jul 2017, 12:41 am   #4
Synchrodyne
Nonode

Thanks very much for posting the link.

It is truly an excellent site, for which its author may be strongly complimented.

Some highlights from an initial look:

1. More information on the Philips 567-line TV system than I have seen anywhere else.

2. Good background on Philips receiving valve development, including the transition from Rimlock to noval.

3. Much on the EQ40/EQ80 enneode, including the extent to which it was actually used.

4. Very good history of Philips TV receiver circuitry through to the mid-1950s, including Belgian multistandard models.

5. As with others, the author evidently found the early history of the 625-line system to be somewhat murky.

Cheers,
Old 20th Jul 2017, 1:50 pm   #5
peter_scott
Dekatron

Really interesting and excellent site.

Thanks for posting.

Peter
Closed Thread