UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 21st Mar 2024, 6:29 pm   #181
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Amp with high pitched static noise

If you can get an analogue scope cheap, say £20 - £30 that would help you, that is if you intend to get into electronics in the future. The scope in question is ok, however beware buying a scope online sight unseen & then getting it delivered is fraught with potential problems.

First off the person packaging the scope has to know what they are doing, wrapping a scope in bubblewrap and chucking it in a box... it might get to you in good working order, chances are it'll get trashed. Even if the seller knows what they are doing the CRT - cathode ray tube is a very delicate thing. If you want to get a scope put a wanted post on this forum, hopefully someone near you will have one and help you out.

You then have to learn to use the scope, takes time. David's answer is entirely the correct way to go. If I were you I'd give the 100p cap fix a go, saves fing about, however please read my previous post # 177 & give that a try first, check the gate.source resistors.

Andy.