UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 21st Oct 2019, 6:50 pm   #1
TheGAoW
Triode

Default Uher 4000 series NOS parts stock: Been offered

I have been offered a large selection of NOS Uher 4000 series spare parts. Motors, speed change cones, parts of cases, spool platters (both types) capstan/flywheels (rubber is still in good condition), lids plus many other assorted parts. My question is one of market research. Before buying it all, is there a demand out there for such items? I welcome your feedback.
Old 21st Oct 2019, 8:06 pm   #2
Horris
Hexode

Default Re: Uher 4000 series NOS parts stock: Been offered

I would be interested in certain Uher spares

Dave
Old 21st Oct 2019, 8:23 pm   #3
mole42uk
Nonode

I think that there is a market for UHER spares - after all, the BBC used thousands of them and the machines still have a certain following…

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 21st Oct 2019, 8:28 pm   #4
Reelman
Octode

There is still significant interest in the Uher portables judging by the sales on eBay. However the range was made for many years from the 4000 “S” to the 4000 Report Monitor IIRC so I would guess that later spares may be more saleable but I know some of the early machines are still be used by enthusiasts.
I would be interested for my own machines.
Peter
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 9:23 am   #5
barretter
Heptode

I too would be interested in parts for the Report Monitor series.
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 11:50 am   #6
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

I have two 4000 Report-L machines and when I have somewhere to set them up I'd like more Uher reel-to-reels for looping!

I had great difficulty sourcing some parts when I last got inside one of them - particularly the spiral plastic element that latches the battery compartment. I had to make a money transfer to Germany to get them from a service engineer at vast expense!
Old 23rd Oct 2019, 11:32 am   #7
Michael Maurice

I would be interested in buying the spares.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 23rd Oct 2019, 12:39 pm   #8
ben
Dekatron

Count me in as interested- I have a Report Monitor and an early 4000 mono that have been awaiting repair for some years now!
Old 24th Oct 2019, 2:14 pm   #9
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Like Ben I have a few machines which need some TLC so a source of parts would be welcome.
Old 29th Oct 2019, 1:04 am   #10
TheGAoW
Triode

Thanks for all your responses. Overall, from posts on other pages and forums, I have had a positive response (with the odd negative - isn't there always) so I will go ahead an get them.
Old 5th Dec 2019, 12:02 pm   #11
TheGAoW
Triode

Default Uher 4000 Series NOS parts

Hi All In October I posted a thread asking for some "market research" before buying a job lot of NOS and refurb'd spares for Uher 4000 series recorders. This thread is now closed so I can't add a response to it.

In short I bought the items. They range from capstan/flywheels, brass speed change steppers, motors (mixture of new and used) spool platforms and clutches, even a complete 3-head block for the 4200 Report Monitor. Most items are for the brown-cased Monitor series machines - the last ones made by Uher, but a lot are compatible with the first 4000 machines.

I have started to put this items in my shop on the Reel Resilience website -www.reelresilience.co.uk Prices are based on what I have seen ebay items go for and also that a German supplier seems to sell them for when factoring in delivery and exchange rates etc.

I will be adding more items this week.
Closed Thread