UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Dec 2019, 8:29 pm   #1
Hans PE1KWH
Triode

Default SAIT PS 312C Power Supply 27,5V 13A

I got this power supply from a friend who told me it didn't work.
Well he is right....
As it is a 27.5 V DC power supply it is a welcome supply for surplus equipment and i like it to run again.
When running the mods will be reversed.
Anyone out there who has some information like manual or diagram for me ?
The photo shows the front without cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7334.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	195016  
Old 7th Dec 2019, 8:48 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: SAIT PS 312C Power Supply 27,5V 13A

Have you got the appropriate "remote control" unit attached? It may not work without it.

[there may be internal jumpers to allow it to work without the remote control unit attached]

SAIT seems to have had some association with Siemens for the production of marine radios -
https://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_hers...mpany_id=10948

https://www.deplate.be/trefwoorden/s...atietoestellen
Old 7th Dec 2019, 9:07 pm   #3
Hans PE1KWH
Triode

The remote is not necessary for operation. My friend used the supply for his GRC9 with only the mains cable and 2 outlets.
I found those websites too.
SAIT and Radio Holland where also connected back then.
Old 9th Dec 2019, 7:28 pm   #4
Hans PE1KWH
Triode

I managed to get it working again.
It has a startup sequence where a relay switches mains power to the transformer for about a second.
In that time the control board takes over and holds the relay until it detects a very serious error or the power is switched off.

Now the start puls ( mains ac during about 1 second ) was there but the electrolytic capacitor which should hold the relay ( 110 V DC ) was not charged.
Somehow there has come a short between the positive side of the capacitor and ground ( big black stain but invisible behind a circuit board ).
The rectifier was of course blown and open, again invisible because it was hidden in a sleeve.
After replacing the diode and enlarging the space between capacitor and ground all works well again.

If you ever need to repair this power supply, the wiring is made from solid 0,15mm2 hookup wire and that will break at the connection points just by looking at it......
Closed Thread