UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2012, 11:54 am   #1
enka951
Retired Dormant Member

Unhappy Panasonic NV-HS 860 VCR : no video out

Hello,

I've a Panasonic NV-HS 860 VCR I want to use to digitalize some SECAM VHS tapes (I use a JVC S-VHS for PAL which doesn't play SECAM). The VCR seems to work but I can't have the video on the output (but I can have the VCR menu and others informations on the output).

I've tried with the SCART and the Composite output without change. It doesn't work with SECAM or PAL tapes.

The strange thing is that SECAM tapes are recognized as S-HVS-ET tapes. I need to force SECAM mode (in place of AUTO) in the menu to don't play in S-VHS-ET mode.

Thank you for your help!
Old 20th Mar 2012, 12:10 pm   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Panasonic NV-HS 860 VCR : no video out

Sounds like there may be dirty heads or a tape path problem, and the unit is muting the distorted video. Have you tried connecting the RF output to your TV 's antenna socket to see if you get video that way?
Closed Thread