UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2019, 1:18 pm   #201
winston_1
Hexode

Default Re: Hedghog standards converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superscope View Post
Hi Frank,

Yes, they are all fairly Modern Mid 70's TV's.
Two of them are colour, the CX-500 and the CX-60.
The Cx-60GB actually does display the best out of all of them,
the Picture is stable, viewable but very noisy! No sound though!

I guess it boils down to whether the UK used 625 Line VHF,
or JVC sold incompatible 625 Line VHF Equipment in the UK?
This is what I was hoping somebody on the Forum might be able
to shed some light on.
Those two sets along with the CX610GB (which I bought for DXing back then and still have) were useful for DXing as they are PAL/Secam BG/I/DK.
You cannot call them incompatible with the UK. They just happened to have extra frequency bands not used in the UK.

The majority of digital TVs now sold still have analogue facilities including VHF but cannot be called incompatible.
Old 17th Aug 2019, 10:52 am   #202
Superscope
Octode

Default Re: Hedghog standards converter

Thanks to Hamid_1

I purchased the VHF modulator suggested (same Model different Brand).
It works pretty well, a bit noisy on VHF Low (Ch2-4), but fine on VHF Hi (Ch5-12) and UHF.

The Audio is also a bit noisy on quiet periods, but fine when there is some sound.

For the price though, you can't complain, it's perfect for Testing which I wanted it for and gives pretty good results
should you want to use it for watching a Video source.

It has confirmed as expected, that all my JVC Portables are indeed 625 Line VHF,
so my HH is now redundant!
It also confirmed that my TV that started this all off has a VHF Fault!

Ian
Closed Thread