UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Mar 2019, 9:54 pm   #21
Vectamart
Pentode

Default Re: Modulator or Converter?

I have a device that I purchased from CPC that accepts an HDMI input, e.g. from a computer and converts it to composite video + audio (L&R) via RCA phono sockets. I have hooked this u[ to the phono input sockets on my DVD/VHS combi unit and fed its RF output to a distribution amplifier, thus enabling me to view the output of my PC on any TV in the house. BTW, all my TVs are CRT sets, mostly with 4:3 aspect ratio.
Old 11th Mar 2019, 11:50 pm   #22
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Modulator or Converter?

I don't know if you saw, but mine turned out to be audio, and not video. However it does work with composite video into the VCR, like you do too. What do you use to distribute the signal to other TVs? I've been looking for a practical way of doing so, but I've not had much luck

Thanks
Closed Thread