UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 21st Mar 2020, 3:39 pm   #1
paul.brett
Tetrode

Default HP Docking station with DVI/VGA (HSTNN S02X) 2nd display for homeworkers via USB

If (like me) you're working from home, and have multiple monitors sitting about, one of these boxes allows you to hook it up to USB, and run a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th depending on how many you have) from a single PC.

They are £12.99 each (+P&P).

Thanks.

Paul.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2237.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	201343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2238_s.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	201344  
Old 21st Mar 2020, 8:26 pm   #2
JohnBHanson
Hexode

Default Re: HP Docking station with DVI/VGA (HSTNN S02X) 2nd display for homeworkers via USB

I am very interested - how many screens does each box drive - and what operating systems are these compatible with.

Many thanks.
JohnBHanson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2020, 8:38 pm   #3
AC/HL

Default Re: HP Docking station with DVI/VGA (HSTNN S02X) 2nd display for homeworkers via USB

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/pr...ingStation.pdf
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 12:11 am   #4
cmjones01
Octode

There are lots of these USB to video adapters about. Many of them use chips from DisplayLink in Cambridge (https://www.displaylink.com/). I've got a fairly old one here and it works remarkably well. Recommended as a quick and easy way of adding another monitor.

Chris
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 12:14 am   #5
paul.brett
Tetrode

Iíve had them working with Windows 10, and I am happy to test them with earlier versions if required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBHanson View Post
I am very interested - how many screens does each box drive - and what operating systems are these compatible with.

Many thanks.
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 6:50 pm   #6
paul.brett
Tetrode

** UPDATE ** - I have them working with Windows 7 64 bit, so I presume that they work with everything between (8, 8.1 etal)

This site says Windows XP also:

https://mkh-electronics.com/product/...ing-station-3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.brett View Post
Iíve had them working with Windows 10, and I am happy to test them with earlier versions if required.

Quote:

Many thanks.
Old 25th Mar 2020, 2:40 pm   #7
paul.brett
Tetrode

I just realised I didn't answer your first question.

Each box drives 1 additional monitor.

Thanks.

Quote:

Many thanks.