UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 22nd Mar 2020, 3:36 pm   #1
EF80TVVALVE
Heptode

Default Can any member fabricate small metal parts?

Hi all

Having recently bought this TP Soundmirror I need to find a replacement tape guide which will be very difficult I would imagine. Instead I wondered of any forum member could fabricate another? It is a very basic part obviously made from a flat piece of metal cut and bent. I'd imagine with a vice, a small cutter such as a dremel and some filing one could be made fairly easily.

I've attached a photo, this one goes on the right side, the left side of mine is damaged and is basically a mirrored version with the screw hole on the left and the guide on the right side.

If anyone could help then that would be great, I'd be happy to send the original to use as a guide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200322_143128.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	201406   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200322_143138.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	201407   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200322_143149.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	201408  
EF80TVVALVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 6:54 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Can any member fabricate small metal parts?

I could make one for you but it might not be 100% accurate, EG to the nearest thou and the finish would be different. One other obstacle how stiff is it? Getting the temper right would be tricky for me no heat treat oven, however I'm sure I could do a pretty close LHS copy, drop us a PM if interested.

Andy.