UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Aug 2009, 1:13 pm   #1
havelock
Retired Dormant Member

Default Keracolor-friendly repairer sought. North-West.

Hello,
I'm new to the forum having joined in search of someone who is willing and able to repair my Keracolor.

I've owned it as my main set for 11 years, but I don't know much about it. I think it's the largest model, in a fibre-glass case (rather than plastic), with Decca Bradford chassis.

It was previously serviced by Dave Lees in Ashton-under-Lyne some years ago, but I no longer have his contact details and have been unable to track him down!

Over the last few years the convergence and purity have steadily deteriorated, and the image darkened to nothing. Following a recent house move, in which no VISIBLE damage was sustained, it appears to be completely...dead...

Which brave soul can fix it? I live in Southport but I'm willing to travel reasonable distances, or (as it's rather fragile) offer reimbursement for travel to/from my house.

Regards/fingers crossed,

John
Old 12th Aug 2009, 4:06 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Keracolor-friendly repairer sought. North-West.

Hi John
In case there's no-one nearer my workshop's in Caernarfon but I do get up and down the N Wales coast a bit...and I'm sure I could help!
Oh look - is that Steve P I see looming?? He has a bigger hammer than I do...
Glyn
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 2:05 pm   #3
havelock
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Glyn,
thanks for the reply. Please could you PM me some contact details?

Regards,

John
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 3:00 pm   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi John
PM sent.
Glyn
Closed Thread