UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2019, 11:46 pm   #1
martin.m
Hexode

Default Pye 405 line TV in Bishop Auckland antique shop

I spotted what looks to be an early 1950s TV in a local antique/junk shop. The tuner is on the back of the set (may be a band 3 converter). Old TVs aren't my "thing" and I don't think I would have the patience or skill to fix a set as old as this, not to mention the complications of needing a standards convertor. Price tag is a very optimistic £75, though I have had one or two good value radios from this shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pye TV.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	190066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pye TV (2).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	190067  
Old 13th Sep 2019, 12:01 am   #2
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: Pye 405 line TV in Bishop Auckland antique shop

This looks like a Pye V4 receiver shouldn’t be too difficult to restore though that added on tuner is a bit “interesting” and should definitely be removed especially as the chassis could potentially be at mains potential!! Looks like the 2 pin mains socket is included which is a bonus. £75 seems a fairly reasonable figure if the cabinet is in good condition and hasn’t spent anywhere damp which it looks like.
Christopher Capener
Old 13th Sep 2019, 1:35 pm   #3
Richard_FM
Octode

Default Re: Pye 405 line TV in Bishop Auckland antique shop

Was is from Arthur Atkinson's house clearance? (one for Fast Show fans!)