UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 15th Aug 2019, 10:34 pm   #1
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default WANTED: Bang & Olufsen Beovision MX 2000/3000/4000 series

I Don't suppose anyone in the Yorkshire Humberside or the surrounding Regions of the has an B&O BeoVision MX series they'd be willing to sell? It was originally a 1985 set, but was so good it was sold until 2003 with various different models/colours and sizes and revisions made throughout its life, but kept a very consistent external design.

Unfortunately, The MX 6000 series is too large for the table/stand I intend to use so that model is out. Realistically, it would be between the 2000/3000 and 4000 series. However, if anyone else has an older BeoVision (the retro looking the better) I'd definitely be interested , but the width of the TV can't exceed 60cm as thats the maximum size of the table/stand I am using.

Unfortunately, all the MX models for sale currently on ebay are either in Hove, Surrey or London which is a little bit too far away for me

Thanks and appreciated

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan_1993; 15th Aug 2019 at 10:53 pm.
Ryan_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2019, 6:47 pm   #2
kirkpatrick
Diode

Default Re: WANTED: Bang & Olufsen Beovision MX 2000/3000/4000 series

Hi Ryan, are you still interested in a B&O MX2000 TV?
I have one to sell if you are.I live in North Bedfordshire.
Nigel
kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2019, 6:21 pm   #3
Max Ripple
Tetrode

Great little telly's(MX2000) but not particularly reliable! It was in fact a Thomsen chassis,with caseworks and innovation by B&O.Loads were sold,and many still in use around the world too.
The later MX3000 used a larger crt(21")and again a Thomsen chassis.Sadly,it was probably the least reliable tv ever made,although it produced good sound and pictures when fully functional .
The MX3500 and '4000 were designed and built "in house"by B&O and were a big improvement.Philip's crts were employed and the set s worked well.
Of the two,the '4000 is probably the one to look for nowaday's,and they crop up regularly (shush,you know where!)for silly money too.Very reliable and fixable too.
The MX4200 was/is a completely different beast and the last of the line.Good performers of course,but no parts and tech info available it seems,so a bit of a problem when they fail.
Good luck with the search.
Nick
Max Ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2019, 9:09 pm   #4
rbm1973
Pentode

i have 2 one black one white one is the thompson chassis they are both heading for the tip along with a beocentre 1 and a beocentre av1 the later two work not sure on the other two
but i am in somerset i have a lot of b&o stuff

BVWS MEMBER
rbm1973 is offline   Reply With Quote