UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2019, 6:11 pm   #21
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: British Radiophone Ltd

Thanks Bill & Wellington for the latest links. Like the current year by year changes in mobile phone & camera technology, I suspect that those first years of the 1930's experienced similar changes for the wireless owning & building public. "Superhet" & "Mains"must have been the buzz words. Likewise, cabinets were becoming more user friendly & adopting the table top art-deco appearance, with built-in speakers.
Hopefully, someone reading this thread will discover an old Peto-Scott/Everyman empty cabinet lying in a loft or shed. Fingers crossed.

Regards, David
Old 26th Nov 2019, 9:52 pm   #22
lloydwells
Heptode

Just a thought those cans and that tuning condenser are a dead ringer for Alba sets of the early 30s who used plenty of radiophone parts
Old 27th Nov 2019, 12:25 pm   #23
David Simpson
Nonode

I guess that any cabinet from that period which has the same frontage to accommodate the BR tuning unit's exact triangular layout of controls would do. Plymax for the chassis need not be a stipulation. As I've plenty of sheet ally, paxolin & similar resin type boarding. Nor would I need any sort of battery enclosure, as I would just power it with a Battery Eliminator(just built another). A winter project certainly, if I can acquire a correct cabinet. The only spare cabinet I have is a lovely bakelite Ferranti 145 one. I certainly wouldn't be daft enough to even consider adapting that.

Regards, David
Closed Thread