UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Oct 2021, 8:36 am   #1
hayerjoe
Hexode

Default Garrard AT60 sub-versions

Hello everyone

I just got a 2nd Garrard AT60, it differs from my first in having an alloy platter bonded to a steel inner, whereas my original was all steel. I've looked on the net and can't find any info as to different versions of the mk1 AT60, each deck has no visible model number even underneath. Can anyone shed any light on how many sub-versions there were and what were their differences? Would you think the alloy deck would be better? especially if using a mm cartridge?

I understand the mk2 had a cuing lever but was essentially the same as the mk1 but now I've seen versions of the mk1 with such major differences perhaps the mk2 had quite a number of variations too ?

look forward to your comments

cheers Joe
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 9:47 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Garrard AT60 sub-versions

The AT60 Mk 2 version is clealy differentiated by its badging and it uses a 4 pole induction motor.
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 10:26 am   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

See this thread, posts 18 onwards.
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=89840
Old 23rd Oct 2021, 11:09 am   #4
hayerjoe
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
The AT60 Mk 2 version is clealy differentiated by its badging and it uses a 4 pole induction motor.
oh sorry on re-reading my initial post I see it may have been confusing. What I meant to say is that I have 2 different versions of the AT60 mk1, neither are the mk2, I'd know a mk2 if I saw it. So I was looking for an official Garrard ref to these 2 different versions for example AT60 mk1a and mk1b And is there a "c" and a "d" etc?

I'll delve deeper into the Garrard identification "sticky" suggested by Nick

thanks
Closed Thread