UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2005, 10:01 am   #1
etrain
Retired Dormant Member

Default AKAI 1721L Question!!!

Hi There.I'm from New Zealand.Just purchased my first piece of Analog audio gear.The AKAI 1721L.in very good nick still. The person i bought it from is a good frien and is finding the service manual for me.Until then, I was hoping someone could tell me how to remove the REW/FWD/REC levers as well as the PAUSe lever.Want to take a look inside and they're the only obstacle keepin' me out.

Thanx.
Old 19th Sep 2005, 11:48 am   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: AKAI 1721L Question!!!

Hi,

On mine, the 'pause' control has a hex-headed grub-screw visible on the right side (metric, possibly 2mm); and the transport control knobs have slot-head screws recessed a long way up inside, accessible from the end opposite the pointer - Lay the machine on its back and peer inside the knobs. A screwdriver with a long shaft is rather useful; though they can be removed with a shorter one as long as the handle is thin. Loosen the transport control knob screws a few turns, the end of the screw is pointed and needs to be withdrawn from a recess in the shaft. On mine, the knob shafts are slotted, and there are small bits of aluminium in the slots; try not to lose them

Kat.

Last edited by Kat Manton; 19th Sep 2005 at 11:53 am.
Old 21st Sep 2005, 6:01 am   #3
etrain
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: AKAI 1721L Question!!!

Cool, thanx alot for your advice.Its been a big help.
Closed Thread