UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jun 2019, 11:26 pm   #1
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Default TOKO 450kHz combined IFT + ceramic filter

Hi All,

Looking for a Toko combined IFT and ceramic filter, 450kHz, marked 4047 1311 93507.

This is the IF filter unit of a Sony ST-S311 receiver.

Or, a 3-pin 450kHz ceramic filter on its own, suitable for broadcast AM use, as the IFT side I think is ok on my faulty unit

cheers
Martin

My Blog - http://g7mrv.blogspot.com
Old 16th Jun 2019, 12:47 am   #2
Bazz4CQJ
Nonode

Default Re: TOKO 450kHz combined IFT + ceramic filter

I've got one Toko datasheet (see attached) that relates broadly to your problem, but the part numbers don't look like the one you have cited.

B
Attached Files
File Type: pdf toko ceram if.PDF (97.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 16th Jun 2019, 1:30 am   #3
Radio Wrangler
Dekatron

You could bridge the filter to get signal continuity and though you'll get a lot of channels effectively superimposed, it'll let you do a burn-in run to see if the filter is the real cause.

(Bridged with filter removed to avoid trouble if it goes short circuit to ground.)

David
Old 16th Jun 2019, 11:47 am   #4
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Bazz, that looks like the one i need only with two coils not one, mine is in effect two thirds of that one! I suspect the part number is a house number.

David, ive bridged out the whole thing with a 10nF cap, and it is now working, as far as the RF and IF side goes. Im going to break open the resin housing to remove the IFT and refit that, so i'll then only be missing the ceramic element. I suspect getting hold of a 450kHz ceramic filter on its own will be easier than finding one of these!

I have the problem that the damn thing isnt worth much, so cant justify much expense or time on the repair, not when working sets go for 30 shipped :-(

Old 16th Jun 2019, 12:57 pm   #5
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

No longer required

Set declared BER

Mods please close

Closed Thread