UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2015, 9:30 pm   #1
govjohn
Pentode

Default Pioneer CLD-D925

Hi all.
I have a Pioneer CLD-D925 Laser disk player which has been working perfectly for some years until recently, when the drawer was walked into whilst it was open. Since then the drawer will not close sticking at about half way in. Opening it up I noticed one of the small rollers the drawer runs on was displaced, I removed the drawer and repositioned the roller. While the drawer was out I found a small piece of black plastic in the base of the mechanism, it could be seen that it had broken off as it was the same sort of plastic the mechanism was made of. I removed the mechanism to locate the break without success. In my enthusiasm I mucked up the timing. The gears are covered with strange symbols and holes which must mean some thing to some body but not me. The service manual does not give any details of the loading mechanism. In the 'old days', Pioneer music systems has a separate manual that just covered the CD player mechanism. Does anyone know if such a thing exists for Laser Disk players? If anyone has any ideas where I might be able to get any more info on this please let me know. Pictures of the broken bit are below.
Regards, John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	051.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	104655   Click image for larger version

Name:	052.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	104656   Click image for larger version

Name:	053.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	104657   Click image for larger version

Name:	054.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	104658  

Last edited by govjohn; 23rd Feb 2015 at 9:31 pm. Reason: Missing capital
Old 24th Feb 2015, 12:14 am   #2
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Pioneer CLD-D925

The best way to check this would be to disconnect the tray motor and wind it in and out manually using a PP3 or a bench power supply set to provide enough voltage/current to get the motor moving but slowly, so you can see what's going on if it gets stuck.

That plastic bit looks like one of the tray guides but my CLD-D925 is currently at my mate's, this came wrecked in the post but in my case the main problem was the laser assembly having been broken away and loose in the case.

When I get it back (if not too late for you) I'll have a good look at it and take some photos if I find this part

Brian
Old 24th Feb 2015, 5:46 pm   #3
Freya
Octode

Default Re: Pioneer CLD-D925

The plastic is from the draw slide, you can see the wear marks the tray has made whilst sliding.
I agree on the principle suggested for re timing the deck.
Closed Thread