UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jun 2021, 6:05 pm   #1
delaitt
Pentode

Default Geloso 209 restoration

Hello

I am restoring a Geloso 209

The VFO block does not appear to work as can as I can see.

however, if I apply a RF signal to the grid of V4 I get some audio on USB and LSB position although there does not appear to be any sound whilst on AM position but that may another issue.

I've checked the filament and HT voltages and they all appears ok. I also replaced the 3 valve on VFO, V1/V2/V3. I also checked the grid voltage of V1 just in case which is close to zero.

Are the next steps then to remove the VFO block and open it to troubleshoot what might be the issue? not sure if there is a technical guide for the VFO to see how to dismantle it without un tuning the settings.

Thanks

Thierry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	osc.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	235433  
Old 5th Jun 2021, 9:55 am   #2
delaitt
Pentode

Default Re: Geloso 209 restoration

I have replaced V3 with yet another valve and now get a RF signal from aerial to the audio around the IF frequency but the oscillator does not seem to work. Will see if I have another ECC81

Thierry