UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jan 2010, 11:17 pm   #1
ouipete
Retired Dormant Member

Default Hacker RP77, tuning drivecord path.

Good evening all,

I own a Hacker Sovereign RP77 that had a loose tuning knob. On opening the Hacker I discovered that the retaining nut and washer was laying at the bottom of the radio. I have now screwed back the tuning knob, however the tuning cord goes through a few wheels / pulleys etc and I have no idea where to start putting this back together.

Does anybody know or had experience putting this back together or could advise a rough cost for repair? Thank you.

Regards,
Peter.

Last edited by Darren-UK; 4th Jan 2010 at 11:39 pm. Reason: FPK and FSB problems fixed.
Old 5th Jan 2010, 3:46 am   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker RP77, tuning drivecord path.

Hello Peter,

Here's a scan of the tuning drive page of the RP77MB/RPC1 manual. Not sure whether it will be clear enough to use, and the original isn't great: if you have trouble send me your email address in a personal message and I'll send on a larger file. There are a couple of sets of photos of the tuning drive arrangements of related models, RP79 and SP80, available at the Hacker group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hackerradiogroup/ , which might prove helpful too - I've not done that yet for the RP77 but may get around to it.

Regards,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001a.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	31523  
Old 6th Jan 2010, 10:35 am   #3
Ian E G7OLT
Pentode

Peter,

Some pictures for you. Taken with the scale pointer at the 88MHz end and the tuning control fully anti-clockwise. Having had to replace the drive cord on an SP80 recently (which is similar) the hardest part I found was getting the number of turns around the step pulleys right. I also made the mistake of winding the cord the wrong way round the tuning drive shaft the first time!

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00086.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	31539   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00087.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	31540   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00082.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	31541   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00083.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	31542  
Old 6th Jan 2010, 10:36 am   #4
Ian E G7OLT
Pentode

Two more for you:-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00084.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	31543   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00088.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	31544  
Old 19th Jan 2010, 7:10 pm   #5
ouipete
Retired Dormant Member

Thankyou very much Paul and Ian for your help.Very much appreciated for your time and sorry I have not been around too check my mailbox earlier.I will let you know how I get on. I think with a little patience I will be able to get it back together with the help you have offered.Many Thanks again.Regards. Peter.
Closed Thread