UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Feb 2021, 11:36 pm   #1
kirstyd
Heptode

Default B/O RG900 radiogram

This is a longshot and last resort .I have the Bang /Olufsen Rg900 radiogram .the unit works perfectly .the problem i have is the slow close lid no longer works .Anyone familiar with this unit will know the lids are very heavy so to have the slow close mec working is essential. the slow close mechanism is not pneumatic .Any help would be much apreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210226_220227.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	227748  
Old 28th Feb 2021, 1:04 pm   #2
Max Ripple
Pentode

Default Re: B/O RG900 radiogram

I'm pretty sure that these dampers work with compressed air.
There are adjuster rings at the lower end of each damper to allow the setting of "descent speed".These are tricky to get at unless you take out the left hand compartment "floor" panel,and the turntable etc.
Trial and error adjustment seems to be the method to determine best setting.
However,if the internal seals in the damper have perished,there won't be any resistance at all.
Nick
Closed Thread