UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Apr 2007, 3:51 pm   #21
liamoliver
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Strange record

The wikipedia article Unusual types of gramophone records mentions a number of these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unusual...ophone_records
Old 1st Apr 2007, 5:40 pm   #22
Dave Moll
Dekatron

A fascinating article. I particularly smiled at the idea of a record made of chocolate which you could eat when you didn't want to listen to it any more (or - more likely - it was no longer playable) I don't even want to think about cleaning the mess off the stylus
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 11:22 am   #23
JoshWard
Octode

The heat out of my HMV would melt it... I might have to go through all my albums later and look for hidden tracks (luckily it's two weeks of school. Currently I have about 110 albums...). I'm definitley going to keep an eye out for these types of records especially as car boot season has just started . Josh.
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 4:13 pm   #24
Drifton
Pentode

Location: Cambridge... in that country formally know as 'Great Britain'

I've come across this chocolate record thing several times before. In fact it's mentioned in the Shire book concerning phonographs and gramophones. Although it has always been unclear if it was the actual chocolate that was cut as a record or the tinfoil wrapping... like those large chocolate coins that you can get these days.

Cheers,
Dave.

P.S...

I also have one of these puzzle 78's. one of the tracks is "Good Night Sweetheart".