UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2018, 11:14 am   #1
simpsons
Octode

Default Film of the RBM Factory Welwyn

In preparing for next September's Murphy Day, I would like to include the full length film of a Murphy V973/Bush TV125 being manufactured, part of which is included in the rather long titled You Tube "GEC rank bush tr82 Murphy Radio & Television; www.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH726tE1knA.

With Mike Barker's permission, I hope to show 405 line "Studio" and "Off Air" pictures through a monitor and a couple of Murphy V2014's.

The clip was uploaded by a "johnsfilms1". Whilst I have left a request to contact me however, he is unlikely to read it as the original upload was in 2016.

Should a member be able to help, please let me know.

Chris
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 11:25 am   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Film of the RBM Factory Welwyn

I couldn’t get that link to work, is this the one?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uH726tE1knA
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 1:17 pm   #3
jayceebee
Heptode

I've seen those before, I think they were on a BVWS DVD from a few years ago. There was also a feature about Mullard monochrome CRT production if that's the one.

John
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 3:59 pm   #4
neil29
Heptode

Hi Chris, Like John has said these films are on the BVWS dvds which are probably still available from the BVWS in all probability. my only complaint is they are not long enough unfortunately and only quickly rush through the whole production process. but as short as the films are its good that they have survived and are here for anyone who wants too watch them.

Cheers
Neil.
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 7:14 pm   #5
simpsons
Octode

Frank

Thank you for correcting my link to the You Tube films and John and Niel for pointing me in the right direction re the DVD.

I guess the next thing to do is to see if the source material is still available.

I have also spoken to Mill Green Museum who are searching their records.

Watch this space.

Chris
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 8:16 pm   #6
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Looks like someone has uploaded a portion of the BVWS DVD (in fact I think its one I authored).

Anyhow, that means the original footage is available. Contact the BVWS directly, there are often additional copies of the DVD available (due to min order qty) and if so I don't think there will be an issue given the intended use. Might be possible to get a DVD of just the footage you want to show (save swapping discs on the day - DVD).

TTFN,
Jon
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 9:20 pm   #7
simpsons
Octode

A big thank you Jon.

I'll get a message off before you can blink an eye

Chris
Old 10th Dec 2018, 1:08 am   #8
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

I wonder how much those highly skilled women were paid, compared to the men loading up the van?
Closed Thread