UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Feb 2009, 6:23 pm   #1
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Default Scratch repair pens.

Just thought i'd share what i consider to be the ultimate scratch cover.I discovered these (Guardsman Touch-up pens) at a car boot amongst some house clearance stuff.These things are brilliant for refurbishing scratched woodies.I've been so pleased with the results that i thought i'd get some more for when i run out.I didn't expect to find them that easily because they are made in the USA but found some on eBay.They come in packs of three,light medium and dark.You can build up the colour slowly if need be.I think these are permanent because they don't wipe off at the first hint of a polish.Much better than traditional woodstains.I highly recommend these.They are not cheap but well worth the money.No connection with the company. Colin.
Old 12th Feb 2009, 6:27 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Scratch repair pens.

Thanks Colin.

Roughly how much do they cost?

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 12th Feb 2009, 7:16 pm   #3
Oldtimer74
Rest in Peace

I find that MR SHEEN CLASSIC TOPPS SCRATCH COVER is excellent for this job.
Pat G3IKR
Old 12th Feb 2009, 8:41 pm   #4
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Hi Nick, I believe they were around £5.72 plus the postage.A little dear at £3.00 but if you buy two packs the postage is only charged once. Colin.
Old 12th Feb 2009, 8:46 pm   #5
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

It is worth checking your local Pound shops for this sort of thing! My branch of "99p Stores" does Furniture Scratch Away pens in light, medium and dark shades at 99p for a set of 3, They work brilliantly......

Regards, Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scratch pens.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	23068  
Old 12th Feb 2009, 9:24 pm   #6
howard
Nonode

Hello,

Liberon do a range of touch up pens, I managed to buy several cheap from a hardware shop which closed down recently. They're quite expensive at hardware shops eg: Robert Dyas, but can be found discounted on eBay. They are very good although Topps scratch cover usually does the job just as well.

Howard

http://www.liberon.co.uk/gallery_fil...7757/10873.pdf
Old 12th Feb 2009, 11:39 pm   #7
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

I usd them to great affect on my bush tv1 . saying that i found the colour maching poor , and it depends on what light you view it in . Try to just enter the scratch ,and not on the good parts . They do build up with applications , and are soluable in spirits.
Closed Thread