UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2011, 3:03 pm   #1
neil29
Heptode

Default RBM tv panel.

Hello again. could someone help identify which chassis/model this panel would have been used in as ive no idea. thanks neil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!Bq(s8qg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKjUEu,fFGBL!BLvfO5HSww~~_12.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	51269   Click image for larger version

Name:	!Bq(tP3!BWk~$(KGrHqMH-EEEuZNehcOSBLvfP5pFSg~~_12.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	51270  
Old 18th May 2011, 3:26 pm   #2
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: RBM tv panel.

No sorry even though it looks vaguely familiar I can't recall which chassis or set this came from.
Old 18th May 2011, 5:59 pm   #3
FERNSEH
Dekatron

I remember seeing a similar front contol panel fitted into an export version of T26 series chassis.
In early 1980 just before the collapse of Rank Radio International, Bush and Murphy dealers were offered such sets a low prices. I cannot remember the model numbers. The cabinets were presented in grey and silver.

DFWB.
Old 18th May 2011, 6:44 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hello Neil,

The module is a T519A (from the picture) and looks to be an exprt set item (UHF & VHF coverage). Possibly badged "Rank Arena" for overseas markets. It also looks to have sweep tuning and a fluorescent display.

As has been said in an earlier post, probably a T24 or T26 chassis controls unit. These were 30AX CRTs if my memory serves me well and the last Rank radio International made before they shut down in 1982.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Old 18th May 2011, 9:55 pm   #5
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post

The module is a T519A (from the picture) and looks to be an exprt set item (UHF & VHF coverage). Possibly badged "Rank Arena" for overseas markets. It also looks to have sweep tuning and a fluorescent display.
The sets were for UHF/VHF operation. I still have a spare tuner for the set and a small number of chips for the control board.
I bought the sets for rental and at that time I was still very enthusiastic about maintaining a very high standard of back up service.

Couldn't care less now.

DFWB.
Old 18th May 2011, 10:02 pm   #6
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi.
I can fully understand your feelings David. The trade has gone and the customers treat us like dirt! Try to get a job now and if you tell a prospective employer you were a TV engineer they just look down their noses at you.
Time to retire David and enjoy yourself.
Old 19th May 2011, 6:03 pm   #7
neil29
Heptode

Thanks for the help David and Dazzlevision. cheers neil.
Closed Thread