UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Nov 2008, 11:38 am   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default How to Make a Tape Recorder

I heard this many years ago on Radio London's "Sounds Good". Never thought I'd hear it again. I'm reliably informed that the artist's name is Peter Bastin, not peter Batsin.

http://www.airmp3.net/download/-l-pr...p3/dl_60e9b_53
Old 25th Nov 2008, 12:18 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: How to Make a Tape Recorder

Sounds like one that I've fixed!

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 31st Jan 2009, 9:28 pm   #3
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: How to Make a Tape Recorder

Back in the 1970's I appeared on the RL "Sounds Good" show.

At that time I worked for Electronics Today, as a prototype/projects engineer, and I produced and constructed an Audio Compressor/Expander "The Compander", that appeared in the magazine.

The guy who ran the RL show read our mag and wanted someone to come to the show to explain how it worked......guess who got lumbered ?!

Yup, me!