UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2011, 8:31 pm   #21
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: EF50 the tube that helped to win the war

It is re-assuring to find a lot of others out there also interested in EF50/radar.
I do have E.G.(Taff) Bowen's book "Radar Days" - a very interesting personal account, well written and makes enjoyable reading. I am currently reading "Radar Reflections" by Michael Cumming. I really like reading about the WW2 science, especially concerning RAF and Radar.
Although concerning the capture of German Radar, the Bruneval Raid is a great story. In fact, the basic story without embellishment would make a very good film, with an exciting climax. Anyone know a film producer??!
Best wishes, Robin
Old 17th May 2011, 9:10 am   #22
trh01uk
Octode

Default Re: EF50 the tube that helped to win the war

Yes - very interested in early radar, radionavigation, etc.

One interesting thing about the EF50 (thanks for posting the initial link btw!) is that it one of the first (if not the first) to have a specification on the noise equivalent resistance. 1400 ohms in the case of the EF50.

Its notable that a number of other valves of the period, for instance the Acorn types, fail to have any specification on noise, even after the EF50 set the pace.

Richard
Closed Thread