UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2006, 11:27 am   #1
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Default TV licence

This morning I recieved a letter saying I dont have a TV licence and that I recently bought some tv receiving equipment from Dixons or something .They really do have their spies out !

The fact that I have lived with someone of a different surname for nearly 20 years probably hasn't crossed their minds I dont think I will reply and see what happens, as last time there was a problem concerning the house no ..as it was two cottages at one time and however many times a letter was sent to them it fell on deaf ears, so I dont think I will waste my time.
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 11:42 am   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: TV licence

Whenever you buy any TV receiving equipment the supplier is required to inform the TV licensing authority.

We had that problem several years ago (when we had a telly licence). A couple of letters did no good, but a phone call explaining the situation sorted it out and we had no further problems.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 1:55 pm   #3
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Maybe a phone call may work then but it all depends on their inside comunication it seams
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 2:12 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

They do seem to be more responsive to phone calls than written communications, generally. Probably because you can communicate with a human who will understand the situation better when it is explained to him/her. A two-way discussion achieves much more in a short period of time than lots of one-way communications handled by different people.

It took just one polite phone call from me to stop the flow of letters once our TV license was cancelled and returned - and I have heard nothing from them for several months.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread