UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2018, 12:20 am   #1
radiograham
Hexode

Question Marconi 560AC speaker repair.

I Have removed the speaker from this Marconi Radio for repair, It is a large permanent magnet type and there are metal flakes in where the speech coil sits. I removed the cone which used a cloth/fabric surround glued to the inside of the cone edge and onto the frame. This was rotted and needed replacing. I wondered if any one would know what would be a suitable material to use for this and has experience of the best way of going about it.
Old 26th Feb 2018, 11:01 am   #2
GeoffK
Heptode

Default Re: Marconi 560AC speaker repair.

You could try elasticated fabric or cambric fabric glued with PVA wood glue or flexible polyurethane adhesive. There are ready made cone surrounds that could be used.
Old 27th Feb 2018, 3:22 am   #3
radiograham
Hexode

Yes I thought something along those lines. I looked at another speaker I Have and that looked like Elastoplast fabric tape, I have tried this and It works Fine.
Old 27th Feb 2018, 7:57 am   #4
crackle
Rest in Peace

I used ripstop nylon to replace the outer surround on an 87 year old speaker. http://www.golbornevintageradio.co.u...72192#pid72192

Mike
Closed Thread