UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2018, 11:08 pm   #1
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Aldi specials.

Not things for normal electronics, but more, big boys toys. Might be of use to some folks
Table saw circa £90. SDS drill, circa £30 and a selection of drills & hole cutters. Also a tap & die set.
Old 30th Jan 2018, 11:48 pm   #2
jay_oldstuff
Octode

Default Re: Aldi specials.

Drills hole cutters and Tap & die sets all come in usefull for this hobby tho. and the rest come in handy when you need to extend your workshop

Most of my BIG BOYS TOYS have come from ALDI, My air compressor even my MIG welder.
Old 31st Jan 2018, 12:53 am   #3
Refugee
Dekatron

I bought a full size bench top pillar drill from Aldi. It even has a 9 speed pulley set on it.
If you need one keep a look out for when they are in as you will save a lot on shipping as they are heavy.
It was about 50 or 60 quid if I can remember rightly.
Old 31st Jan 2018, 1:12 am   #4
mark_in_manc
Octode

Watch out with taps and dies - I had some similar which would just about clean up a rusty existing thread, but nothing more Dies are not split, which makes cutting a new thread (and adjusting the fit) rather difficult. Though with a thin disk in an angle grinder you could split them, and see how you got on. Bit like hacksaw blades - another cutting tool where cheap ones tend (unfortunately) not to work.
Old 31st Jan 2018, 3:22 am   #5
Refugee
Dekatron

I have had junior hacksaw blades from a flea market that were just made of mild steel.
They went blunt as soon as they touched anything.
Closed Thread