UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Apr 2019, 1:27 pm   #21
Jolly 7
Octode

Default Re: L7810 voltage regulator question

Thanks Andy. I've managed to source a new old stock one from a local charity store. The idea to use a varipot as R1 for my project is very useful. Can you please elaborate on the type of protection diodes and where these should be in relation to the LM317 terminals ? These are not in the datasheet as far as I can recall ?
Old 25th Apr 2019, 9:23 pm   #22
Jolly 7
Octode

@Andy: I have found out what the diodes are and how they should be connected. Circuit diagram attached. Based on an online calculator, a 2K pot for R2 should be able to give the range of voltages I am looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IEe9G.png
Views:	48
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	181849  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 9:36 pm   #23
bikerhifinut
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly 7 View Post
@Andy: I have found out what the diodes are and how they should be connected. Circuit diagram attached. Based on an online calculator, a 2K pot for R2 should be able to give the range of voltages I am looking for.
Spot on! Don't forget to add the reservoir capacitor after the rectifier and before the voltage regulator. Apologies if you are already aware of this.

t'other Andy.
Closed Thread