UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2023, 10:26 am   #181
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: RetrotechUK May 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidertogrid View Post
That would be a question for the organisers to ask the venue owners would we be allowed to bring in a caterer to sell inside the venue?

Maybe next year if there isn't a big event in the other building there won't be the queue at the van in any case so it won't be a problem. .
Unless it's raining cats and dogs.

No doubt about it, an indoor caterer would suit most people, but again, it is what it is and we may be bound by using the venue's outside van.
Old 26th May 2023, 2:05 pm   #182
Chris55000
Nonode

Alas to say myself and my friend Steve were unable to attend because I got stuck down at my sister's with the dreaded G. but I'm hoping to attend next year as a stallholder with a number of my completed repair projects, and free copies of however much of my (still in progress with another twenty chapters begun!) T & M Theory and Repair Book is complete by then, will be on offer on CD for the taking!

Items will be priced in large friendly "Radio Constructor" style diagram lettering!

Chris Williams
Old 26th May 2023, 2:13 pm   #183
stevehertz
Dekatron

It will be good to see you out and about again Chris.
Old 26th May 2023, 2:15 pm   #184
paulsherwin

Most exhibition type venues do insist on their own catering facilities being used. There are lots of commercial, regulatory and organisational reasons to do things that way, even though organisers and attendees would prefer more independent caterers. This problem often occurs at Camra local branch beer festivals, which are usually held in places like town halls or leisure centres. The catering facilities are often inadequate, and the food offered is inappropriate and expensive.
Old 26th May 2023, 6:12 pm   #185
agardiner
Octode

Overall, I thought it was a great day and I am already looking forward to next year!!
Closed Thread