UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Mar 2021, 11:18 am   #1
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Tour of the Visit to the Early Television Museum

I was watching the February meeting of the Early TV Museum recorded here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4Bh4XABsk which has an interesting review of Early British TV. Afterwards I chanced on this so if you want to look around the museum there is a nice tour from Randy, K7AGE lasting around 25mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqGaEM9sjVg
Apologies if this has appeared before but I could not find it.
Old 10th Mar 2021, 4:03 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Tour of the Visit to the Early Television Museum

Thanks for those links. It was good to be a bystander at the meeting - at a rather more convenient time than participating live would be. By 1:00am UK time I generally expect to have been fast asleep for some time.

I must admit that I didn't know they were available to watch on youtube afterwards. I shall look out for future ones.

It was also interesting to see the tour of the Early Television Museum.
Old 13th Mar 2021, 9:38 am   #3
peter_scott
Dekatron

Yes, it's a great pity that they hold their zoom meetings at 8-30 pm in the evening.

It's quite funny listening to them perpetuating the myth of the Mickey Mouse TV close-down and restart after the war.

Peter

Last edited by peter_scott; 13th Mar 2021 at 9:50 am.
Old 13th Mar 2021, 9:59 am   #4
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Yes, I groaned (unfortuately inaudibly to them!) when I heard that. I did consider sending a copy of the Programme as Broadcast sheet (see below) to someone there by way of refutation.

Maybe posting it here, it will get picked up.

edit: I would have credited its source, but I don't remember where I originally downloaded it from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pasb 1939 closedown.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	229040  

Last edited by Dave Moll; 13th Mar 2021 at 10:01 am. Reason: disclaimer
Old 13th Mar 2021, 10:26 am   #5
peter_scott
Dekatron

The ETF website is very good and comprehensive but recalling all that's in there is sometimes a challenge. I'm sure there is detail about the RCA reception of pre-war BBC television signals covered in ETF. I guess our knowledge /memory of US television development is also more flaky than of our own. They also describe the birth of television in Britain as starting with Baird 30 line rather than with Campbell-Swinton.

Peter

Last edited by peter_scott; 13th Mar 2021 at 10:41 am.
Closed Thread