UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2023, 5:41 pm   #1
Wellington
Hexode

Arrow TVs in auction

I noticed a couple of old TVs in an auction room near me. A Bush TUG59 (1955) and more modern Marconiphone.

Auction starts tomorrow (no connection to me etc.)…
Old 5th May 2023, 1:16 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: TVs in auction

I see Lot 682 is exhibiting two classic faults of backlight LED screens - blue LEDs and lenses fallen off. Not too bad to repair in theory, but it's a curved screen so not something I like doing.
Old 9th May 2023, 3:19 am   #3
its ur aerial
Hexode

Default Re: TVs in auction

Too far away, but if I was local, I would have a punt on that 1500 Mono and reminisce my old TV repair days, by changing R47 and R123, or even perhaps a RS Dropper section.

Ken, G6HZG.