UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Mar 2023, 12:12 am   #1
cathy_vintage
Pentode

Default Ever Ready / Lissen 1937 Radio Restoration

A few years ago I sought help in restoring 1937 Ever-Ready / Lissen radio I bought at a boot sale. I managed to get it working again (due mainly to help on here) and used it in a WW2 play as a prop last year. However, due to other commitments we have never refinished/refurbished the case and replaced the missing back panel, which we now want to do, plus assemble the AM room transmitter kit we bought from a member here last year, so that we can listen to R2 & R4 on it. I was going to ask for recommendations on the best course of action to restore the cabinet and also what material (fibre board?) and cut out pattern I should use for the rear panel.

I can't find the original (pretty lengthy) series of posts on the original restoration, even using the search facility. Can anyone find me a link please so I can pick up the baton?
Old 27th Mar 2023, 11:18 am   #2
Station X

Default Re: Ever Ready / Lissen 1937 Radio Restoration

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=129445

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread