UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Sep 2006, 1:54 pm   #1
jeb51260
Retired Dormant Member

Default Harpenden auction

Does anybody have or know of the auction list for this Sunday?

Jeremy
Old 26th Sep 2006, 2:25 pm   #2
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Harpenden auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb51260 View Post
Does anybody have or know of the auction list for this Sunday
The auction catalogue is only published in advance for the big auction in March. For the other meetings, the lots are entered on the day and there is no catalogue.

Hope to see you there. Should I bring the Ultra 805?
Old 26th Sep 2006, 3:08 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

At least that saves the frustration for those of us unable to be there to bid on the items
Old 26th Sep 2006, 5:57 pm   #4
murphymad
Heptode

In General,

All Harpenden Auctions are an accumulation of 1 large transit van load of stuff from the BVWS store which includes items from deceased memebers/non-members collections.
This can be a mixture of anything in the radio and TV field.

As I only lot up the stuff for the auction a few days before hand, I cannot really get catalogues ready.
I may (time willing) get a list put up on the BVWS website the day before.
The fun is always in finding out what is there on the day.
Come on, be a little adventurous... At least you can get a good cooked breakfast if nothing else.
Then there is the stuff that I know nothing about until it is entered on the day...

In complete contrast,

I usually get pictures of most of the items and auction list up on the BVWS website for the Wootton Bassett Auctions, as I have more time to prepare for those and they are generally "Good Quality" not a pile of junk and a 'similar' lot, and a much bigger number of lots.

A proper catalogue is produced for the Harpenden Main Auction each March and members can request a catalogue "Free of charge" with the form that comes with the Bulletin at the appropriate time.
Those items do not appear as pictures on the website as the owners entering the items bring them to the hall on the day.

I hope this answers some questions.

Hope to see you there!

Mike...
Old 26th Sep 2006, 6:50 pm   #5
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
At least that saves the frustration for those of us unable to be there to bid on the items
What I actually meant was that if I don't know what's in the auction, I am not frustrated at being unable to bid for it. I feel that my meaning was less than clear.
Old 27th Sep 2006, 4:58 pm   #6
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Dave I fully understand what you mean, I dont look on ebay anymore for that exact reason, for two of the Harpendons you just dont know what will be there and the only way to find out is to go
Old 29th Sep 2006, 7:48 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I expect the BVWS would welcome volunteers to get involved with sorting, photographing and cataloguing the stuff in advance, assuming you are near or can get to the Swindon area (which is where the BVWS store is). The issue, as Mike has indicated, is time.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread