UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Sep 2014, 12:46 pm   #1
sparkymike
Octode

Default L67bg

I need the base details for this valve/ballast. L67BG Any link to data would be handy.
Mike.
Old 25th Sep 2014, 11:49 am   #2
Mr Moose
Octode

Default Re: L67bg

Hello,
There is this for the L67B but there are other L67s with other suffixes with different connections.
www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_l67b.html
Yours Richard
Old 25th Sep 2014, 1:08 pm   #3
sparkymike
Octode

Thanks Richard,
That is the one. I did a search on Radio Museum but came up with zero.
I am managing to do without it at the moment, as I am running the heaters via a pair of high wattage wirewound resistors, but will revert to the valve if and when I can find one.
This valve seems to be a USA quirk. I don't know if they were ever used over here. I did find out that the number of the valve refers to voltdrop on some of them, after they standardised their ballast tube numbering system, but I don't think that applied to the one above, as the volt drop needed is around 48 volts.
The valve in question has a crack in the ceramic material on which the resistance wire is wound and is O/S.
Mike.
Old 25th Sep 2014, 10:36 pm   #4
Herald1360
Dekatron

O/S?

O/C or U/S perhaps?

.........O..Chris....O
Old 26th Sep 2014, 7:50 am   #5
sparkymike
Octode