UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2019, 1:15 pm   #1
bodgersteve
Retired Dormant Member

Default Taylor 110A

Hi guys, just got myself a Taylor 110A for renovation. Just wondered if anyone has a copy of a schematic and/or operators instructions.

Have opened it up no big surprises but oily so will have to check that out wonder if anyone has overhauled one of these and can let me know of any probs to look out for.

Thanks in advance, Steve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (1).jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	184472  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 11:24 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Taylor 110A

I have one of these instruments, which works fine apart from a dull eye. Sadly I don’t have a circuit or manual.

If you search this Forum for “Taylor 110A” there are several old threads that may help you.

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 11th Jun 2019, 10:54 am   #3
WME_bill
Octode

Taylor 110 bridge.
I attach the manual for the model 110C bridge. I would expect your 110A to be very similar, with perhaps different valve types. Although the 110C using EM34 and 6J5 seems fairly 1950 vintage.
Common faults will be dirty switches and need to lubricate the main potentiometer. Also the usual dried out electrolytic capacitors.
The manual itself is the usual Taylor style with no circuit. The circuit was posted by JimBeacon g1jbc on the forum about 2007, so thanks to him.
wme_bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Taylor110C-user.pdf (980.2 KB, 71 views)
Old 12th Jun 2019, 6:05 pm   #4
Freya
Octode

here is the link to that post #https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=69843
Closed Thread