UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jun 2019, 2:17 pm   #1
ex 2 Base
Heptode

Default Cirkit FET dip oscillator

Cirkit remember them. About 30 years ago I assembled one of their kits. I have 5 coils, should there be six ? A couple of the coils have slight damage, I also the oscillator and sheet steel container. Can any one supply me with or point me in the right direction to obtain a copy of the original instructions. ted
Old 1st Jun 2019, 5:44 pm   #2
mickm3for
Heptode

Default Re: Cirkit Fet dip oscillator

Hi i think it is this one ??
Attached Files
File Type: pdf G3WPO-FET-Dip-Oscillator-Radcom.pdf (1.46 MB, 410 views)
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 1:48 am   #3
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: Cirkit Fet dip oscillator

If you also want to take a look at something describing the various different uses of GDO's in general, the manual for the Megacycle 59 GDO is a very good place to look https://www.pa3esy.nl/meetinstrument...urements59.pdf

B
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 7:35 pm   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Cirkit FET dip oscillator

Hi!

I've a feeling I've got an original copy of that Radio Comms mag. in my "Leaning Towers Of Pisa" in my bedroom somewhere!

I'll see if I can find it & get it scanned – unfortunately I'm off ill with foot pain at the moment so it may be a few days!

Watch this space!

Chris Williams
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 9:00 pm   #5
ex 2 Base
Heptode

Many thanks to all readers, I've now got a copy of the details from mich3for, I remember the article in Radcom. I was a member of RSGB and I made quite a few of the construction articles in Radcom. Ted
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 10:05 pm   #6
G8HQP Dave
Rest in Peace

I have one of those. Some of the Cirkit kits were issued with an unauthorised component change: the RF chokes L2 and L3 were wrong (low Q, possibly?) and this stopped the circuit from working properly on all ranges. When I contacted them they quickly sent me the right ones and then the GDO worked fine. I only mention this because it may be that some people still have the wrong chokes and wonder why the thing doesn't work properly.
Closed Thread