UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2018, 10:45 pm   #221
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: First TV Project - Ekco TCG316 - Any Advice Appreciated

Well done, Peter!! That's looking like a pretty good picture now!
I think this is a fine example of the forum working at it's best. On the one hand, the collective knowledge & experience of forum members freely given and on the other, someone who is willing to listen and learn and put into practise what has been said.
What always amazes me is our complementary skills. For example, I would find repairing a TV fairly straight forward but making a video about it and getting it onto the internet would defeat me utterly. That really would be a huge learning curve for me!!

On a more practical note, how hot does the LOPT get? I always like to check the temperature after an hour of use (turn it off first and wait a few minutes before sticking your fingers on it )
The one in my set ran much hotter then I would consider acceptable for a long life. I mounted a small cooling fan under the 3" hole under the LOPT:- it rather lends itself to that purpose! That kept it nice and cool and is something I have done to several other sets.

I have just found a tuner ring identical to the one you require in good condition. However, it might be the one from my set so I will check in the morning. If it is a spare, I think you deserve to have it after all your hard work! I'll let you know.

I hope you have found the project interesting and exciting. You have certainly come a long way from 'can somebody test my tube'!! I am glad your's looks to be in excellent shape!

I can probably put my circuit away now:- it's been very much to hand over the last few months!!

All the best
Nick

Last edited by AC/HL; 17th May 2018 at 7:51 pm. Reason: OT aside edited
Old 17th May 2018, 8:23 am   #222
Freya
Octode

If you don't have any luck getting a replacement channel ring, I used dry transfer numbers on one of mine. It has to be sealed with a coat of semi gloss lacquer.
Old 17th May 2018, 6:13 pm   #223
Vakito227
Hexode

Hi Nick,
Oh no, I'm very much prepared to pay you for the tuner ring if it's spare, it's the least I can do after all this valuable free advice you have given me.

I might try watching a film on it at the weekend so I'll check the temperature of the LOPT afterwards. I think I have a spare computer fan lying around somewhere if it does need one.

Hi Stephen, yes that's a good idea actually. Unfortunately one of the previous owners has been quite careless and snapped the ring in half with only the gold paper holding it together.

Peter

Last edited by AC/HL; 17th May 2018 at 7:52 pm. Reason: OT aside edited
Closed Thread