UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2020, 11:42 pm   #1
Wendymott
Octode

Default Poor PCB quality.

Hi peeps..... Just a "heads up" re "cheap pcb material" on "T" ebay....

I bought a pack of 5 sheets about 6" x 4"of paper phenolic.... single sided, for screening cans etc.... not serious pcb's...

Today I made a screen for my VFO module for the Eddy EC10, the copper is not adhered "stuck" to the base material very well, it can remove its self quite easily..... I use masking tape to mark lines on the material,.... removing the masking tape, unless removed very carefully can lift the copper.

Yes I know you get what you pay for....and this stuff is probably old.. out of date, offcuts.
Just so you know...

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 10:15 am   #2
Station X

Default Re: Poor PCB quality.

Thanks for the info.

I'll close this thread before it becomes a discussion about eBay sellers.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread