UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jan 2019, 9:16 am   #1
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Default Early Television and Television Hobby experimenters

My Television and and experimenters page ...all welcome to comment post check out files and Album areas always interested to add to them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1705...=group_comment
Old 31st Jan 2019, 11:30 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Early Television and Television Hobby experimenters

Sounds very interesting Dalek. I will take a look via someones account. I'm trying to avoid all the usual suspects ie Facebook/Sky/Netflix/the latest mobile phone etc. In 1984 surveillance is entrapment. Now we all volunteer

Dave W
Old 1st Feb 2019, 10:41 am   #3
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Hi Dave FB can be either very very bad or very good its up to who ever to make it what you want ...NBTV forum most were not to keen on it as you might know.
If you join i try to make it interesting for every one ,i love early inventions on different ways they tried to reproduce an image Still or moving electric electronic ..do check out the Albums i am adding to ,FB is very much a now thing but there are ways around that as in the Albums to use it as a tool.
My thing to use FB is to by pass my HD which has a limited life and i have a place to keep this part of my interest safe for a while any way .
Old 1st Feb 2019, 1:27 pm   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Yes you're right it's down to pesky human nature I suppose. Thanks for the explanation. I try to avoid HD's as well but it might be a losing battle! We are on the same page with that endless search for guaranteed life storage I think

Dave W
Old 1st Feb 2019, 6:00 pm   #5
Panrock
Nonode

I don't have an active FB account myself Harry, but I'd still like to congratulate you. There looks to be plenty of varied and quite fascinating content on your page.

Steve
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 11:46 am   #6
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Hi Dave and Steve ,Yes you have to be a member of facebook to view the page but no one says the details have to be correct !
I am glad you at least visted Steve you may have noticed your mirror scanner is up there i will get around to doing the mirror screw side of things and your work there will have a place .
I only became a member to chat to an old school friend other wise i would also have no interest as others just putting up pictures of them self's...
I noticed many are now using it as a free web site page for their interest its pretty much the web inside the web .
You can make it a useful place and silly not to if you have an interest in something .
So for me i use it for a place i can put any research finds on the not so well known Television inventors and past and current experiments by me at the moment on liquid NBTV transmitting.
Any one else can do the same and post up stuff Chis long is a member great help on television history corrects any mistakes and theses a lot out there !
Do vist if you want
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	177549   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	177550  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 3:10 pm   #7
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Fascinated by the CRT NBTV set that is the group cover photo - where do I find details of that?
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 6:25 pm   #8
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Harry Moore is the chap who has posted all the pictures on FB.
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 7:37 pm   #9
Panrock
Nonode

I've just been back to look at Harry's Facebook hobby page... this time with a more modern computer that can display it all without spluttering to a stop..

'Eclectic' is a posh word but it describes this page well. Harry's posts (click on 'see all posts') are wide ranging and coupled to the Facebook format, this gives a somewhat chaotic look to things... though all adds to the experience. His knowledge of the subject is clearly wide, as are his experimental activities... transmitting NBTV through water.... whatever will he come up with next? There are also loads of historical television curiosities here that we can read about thanks to Harry's deep knowledge.

A great introduction to the NBTV hobby for the inquisitive newcomer. A somewhat crazy experience, and highly recommended!

Steve
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 11:23 pm   #10
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams View Post
Fascinated by the CRT NBTV set that is the group cover photo - where do I find details of that?
Thats the Anderson 3bp1 monitor named after Steve Anderson who designed the circuit for me and i constructed the monitor all the plans and build is on the NBTV forum in the electronic section .

Mines the second and 3rd one down on the list.... i made the devil monitor there too .
i went multi system there

https://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/viewforum.php?f=15
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 11:43 pm   #11
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panrock View Post
I've just been back to look at Harry's Facebook hobby page... this time with a more modern computer that can display it all without spluttering to a stop..

'Eclectic' is a posh word but it describes this page well. Harry's posts (click on 'see all posts') are wide ranging and coupled to the Facebook format, this gives a somewhat chaotic look to things... though all adds to the experience. His knowledge of the subject is clearly wide, as are his experimental activities... transmitting NBTV through water.... whatever will he come up with next? There are also loads of historical television curiosities here that we can read about thanks to Harry's deep knowledge.

A great introduction to the NBTV hobby for the inquisitive newcomer. A somewhat crazy experience, and highly recommended!

Steve
Thanks Steve i like sort like a wide range of television subjects as you know we have that inventor thing in us as well .
Its one of those things you are right Steve bit all over the place its a bit like trying to sort a lego box as you find the bits ! so i can only sort as i find the information and try and make the page interesting as all the information is really scattered on the net every where lots of subjects around the interest from facsimile SSTV to NBTV and higher later line rates .
Any one else can add to the page and FB is a very what been put up now thing ...
Mentioning on the Albums there are more than one page so scroll and click icon to the next page ..i did learn its best to just start an Album if i think there's going to be more found of a subject or inventor ..stuck with photos for this the file area is just one long list so most of the time its better to convert a document to a photo so it doesn't get lost in Face book time line .
I also put the newer stuff i might come up with on the NBTV forum just because it may be easier for some people than FB...
The liquid NBTV experiments now now here too ..

https://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum...php?f=1&t=2709
Closed Thread