UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2018, 3:29 pm   #1
technotel
Pentode

Default Dynatron radiogram SRX series 20. model GC1310PW

Can anyone help with sourcing new belts for the tape deck of this unit please? The cassette switching off after few seconds in rewind/ff/play. I know its the tape counter that's not turning due to stretched perished belts.
Its been many years but used to service these when I worked at Squire Of Ealing in West London back in the early 80's

many thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 5:46 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron radiogram SRX series 20. model GC1310PW

The cassette deck may be of Philips origin but toward the end of producton Dynatron were sourcing decks from anywhere. You can buy a cheapo bag of mixed sizes online and try to see which suits.
Old 8th May 2018, 9:00 pm   #3
sp10mk11
Octode

Is this a Philips tape deck in this system, can you show us a picture, because if it is there is a good chance of getting a belt kit for it.
Gary
Old 8th May 2018, 9:07 pm   #4
paulsherwin

As Edward says, you can buy an assortment of about 30 square belts for a couple of pounds from eBay sellers. There's a good chance that you will find all you need in there. If you need to buy additional belts (e.g. a flat capstan belt) then you can measure the required dimensions and order it from somewhere like CPC.

Dedicated belt kits tend to be quite expensive even if available.
Old 8th May 2018, 9:24 pm   #5
technotel
Pentode

Hey thanks guys for quick replies. I have found belt kits on ebay and yes I reckon I should find sizes I need? Capstan belt could be a bit tricky and CPC is a great idea. Will give them a go. Will let you know how I get on.

There is one other issue with it. It gives out a loud howl through speakers when the play button is pressed. VU meters slam hard into red. I'm guessing this maybe a record/playback slide switch issue Any further ideas ??
thanks again all
Terry
Old 8th May 2018, 9:30 pm   #6
technotel
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp10mk11 View Post
Is this a Philips tape deck in this system, can you show us a picture, because if it is there is a good chance of getting a belt kit for it.
Thanks Gary.
Dynatron/Pye/Roberts/Philips all part of same company as far as I am aware? I am sure the deck is Philips made but cannot find any model/type number on the main chassis. I will take a pic tomorrow and upload

Terry
Old 10th May 2018, 9:59 pm   #7
JohnBHanson
Heptode

From memory the deck is a n2506 philips (or similar). The deck is modified to have the microphone socket on the top, but otherwise looks the same.

Have a look at https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philip...r_n250619.html

and check that it is the same.
Closed Thread