UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jun 2018, 6:23 pm   #1
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile Auction - Gnosall 24th June

Just a quick reminder that the next Radiophile Auction is being held at the Village Memorial Hall in Gnosall (ST20 0ET) on Sunday 24th June.

Auction catalogues have been sent to all catalogue subscribers.

Visitors admission from 10:30am
Auction to commence at 1:00pm

Thanks

Graham
Old 21st Jun 2018, 6:59 pm   #2
greenstar
Octode

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - Gnosall 24th June

Hi, approximately what time does it all finish (ie, when would I get out to go home)?
Thanks,
Tony
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:03 pm   #3
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamN View Post
Auction catalogues have been sent to all catalogue subscribers.
Hi Graham, not been emailed mine yet, regards, Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar View Post
Hi, approximately what time does it all finish
Depends how many lots there are, normally about 4.30 - 5pm'ish but that was when the auction started a little earlier at 12pm whereas i notice it is now 1pm.
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:18 pm   #4
GrahamN
Hexode

I think the later start is due to the number of lots which is fewer than normal. Having said that, it's quite common for extra lots to be included at the last minute, so the finish time is probably still going to be around 5:00pm.

Shaun - I've checked my email program and your copy has definitely been sent, and I've not had an 'undeliverable' message. Can you check your spam folder? If it's not there, I can send again (actually I'll do that anyway - let me know if it arrives OK).
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:24 pm   #5
GrahamN
Hexode

Shaun - I've just had an error message come back from the email I sent a few minutes ago. Can you email me at admin@radiophile.co.uk from your email program so that I can check my system and send the pdf as a reply.

Thanks
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:33 pm   #6
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Hi Graham,just emailed you & nothing in my spam folder,cheers pal
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:51 pm   #7
GrahamN
Hexode

For some reason I seem to have an incorrect email address for you - though I can't figure out why its not been noticed before. I've replied to your email - can you confirm that you've received that one so that I can update my email list?

Thanks

Graham
Old 21st Jun 2018, 9:33 pm   #8
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Hi Graham, yep all sorted now i received your email with the PDF catalogue.

Again thanks for all you & Chas do, much appreciated.

Shaun
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 7:24 pm   #9
YoungManGW
Hexode

Does anyone know please whether there are any Ekcos on the manifest? Other than for the entertainment, I normally only attend if there might be an Ekco to add to the collection. Many thanks.
Regards,
Richard
Old 23rd Jun 2018, 7:53 pm   #10
GrahamN
Hexode

Richard

Ekco 1950s valve car radio with internal vibrator pack.
Ekco A144 valve radio LW/MW/SW.
Ekco AC97 receiver.

Another collection of sets was due to be added to the auction (assuming they turn up in time), but I have no idea if there will be any Ekco sets in there.
Old 24th Jun 2018, 6:10 am   #11
YoungManGW
Hexode

Many thanks Graham.
Regards,
Richard
Old 24th Jun 2018, 3:56 pm   #12
YoungManGW
Hexode

Wonderfully entertaining minor chaos at today's enjoyable auction - lots not included in the catalogue, lots muddled up, lots "disappeared", lots without numbers. Admirably coped with by Nick, the auctioneer. Something to do with 22 blokes today punting an inflated pig's bladder around a meadow meant that attendance was fairly spare, but pretty much everything went. Despite the limited numbers, surprising to see some manuals going for good money.
Regards,
Richard

Last edited by YoungManGW; 24th Jun 2018 at 4:24 pm.
Old 24th Jun 2018, 11:32 pm   #13
John KC0G
Hexode

Quote:
Wonderfully entertaining minor chaos at today's enjoyable auction - lots not included in the catalogue, lots muddled up, lots "disappeared", lots without numbers.
I had an interesting conversation on Saturday evening with the person who had set up the books at the auction. He had got it all in order as per the catalogue. There were three lots with similar titles and the contents were not evenly distributed. This was done by the person who had sent in the listing for the catalogue. Chas then came along and started moving stuff between the lots. That might explain lots which were "muddled up", and which might have "disappeared" due to amalgamation. Where this leave commission bidders, ie bids by those people not present at the auction, is beyond me.

I also understand that lots can be added on the day, and hence not appear in the catalogue.

73 John
Old 25th Jun 2018, 7:11 am   #14
G4XWDJim
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungManGW View Post
Wonderfully entertaining minor chaos at today's enjoyable auction - lots not included in the catalogue, lots muddled up, lots "disappeared", lots without numbers.
Does this mean that one person’s items get mixed up with someone else’s?

If that’s the case how do they sort out how much each person earns from the auction.

I was thinking I might put some expensive valves into the auction on a future occasion but perhaps I’d be safer with eBay.

Jim
Old 25th Jun 2018, 8:21 am   #15
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

No, every seller was correctly accounted for. The odd muddles occurred with sorting out some of the large boxes of magazines and books from one seller, many of which were already duplicated. Somebody had removed some of the lot labels on books whilst looking which didn't help.
I portered for the day and there were not that many problems really.
The late entries were fine, but of course are never in the catalogue. I was guilty there, entering 4 lots on the morning.
Sadly I forgot to pick up my collection of headphones lot SL14 in the melee of cleaning and packing away the tables etc but we got away at a sensible time of 4:45.

Sam.
Old 25th Jun 2018, 8:48 am   #16
GrahamN
Hexode

I wasn't at the auction on Sunday, but from talking to Chas at previous auctions the main problem is the very late decisions from some people as to whether they are going to enter lots into the auction at all, and if they are, what exactly they are entering.

Generally there aren't too many of these, and Chas is able to work round any issues, but on this particular auction I understand that there were a significant number of lots that were withdrawn at the last moment, so I'm not too surprised that there were more problems than normal.

In an ideal world things would run like clockwork, but that would inevitably mean increased costs leading to either a non-viable business or buyers premiums, increased fees for vendors etc. I suspect most people would prefer an occasional hiccup rather than paying 15 to 20 percent more in buyers premiums as in more conventional auctions!
Old 25th Jun 2018, 10:56 am   #17
YoungManGW
Hexode

Oh! don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hiccoughs.
Regards,
Richard
Old 26th Jun 2018, 12:25 am   #18
M6SPW1974
Pentode

I could'nt attend this time as much as i wanted too,my friend Glyn was going to bid on the TS-790E on my behalf but got caught out on a last minute family emergency so he also could'nt attend,any idea how much it went for??

Regards,Shaun.
Closed Thread