UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 31st Dec 2008, 12:35 pm   #21
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

Default Re: Desoldering tool

Hello Edward

Thanks for the quick reply. I will contact Farnell and let them know, as I spoke with them first this morning and they had no idea.

Best Regards Chris
Old 31st Dec 2008, 12:41 pm   #22
yestertech
Nonode

Default Re: Desoldering tool

Mine arrived with the motor unit hanging out of the bushes on one side - Clearly the transit screws should be fitted but no doubt the accountants have been at it ! Mine had also occasioned other damage (probably dropped) as the PCB had torn away from one of the flimsy mountings.
I'm awaiting a replacement, but first impressions are that this is very definitely made down to a price, so one cannot expect top quality.No doubt it will do the job, given its 'occasional use' status.

Andy
Closed Thread