UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Apr 2018, 12:27 pm   #1
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Default Telehire Ltd.

Does any forum member have any recollections or information about the TV rental company Telehire.
I do know that the company did business in the North-East of England.
Company base was Preston, Lancashire.

Back in the sixties the TV workshop was in Lime Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

DFWB.
Old 18th Apr 2018, 7:38 pm   #2
gallowfields
Hexode

Default Re: Telehire Ltd.

hi, yes when i worked for rentevision/visionhire in darlington in 1968 there was a telehire shop in darlington and catterick garrison .luckily i left to go back to telebank for more money just as visionhire bought them out . the plan was for me to go to catterick to sort that out as it was in a mess luckily i got the better offer and left. ironically the service manager at darlington telehire got the service managers job at visionhire over jim mc nichol who was the service manager when i worked there. kieth hodson and ken patterson from telehire went to catterick garrison shop along with bert dyke shop manager from bishopauckland visionhire
Old 18th Apr 2018, 9:15 pm   #3
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Was Telehire owned by ST&C? I seem to remember the company rented Regentone branded sets which were rebadged VC2/3 KB models.

DFWB.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 3:44 pm   #4
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowfields View Post
hi, yes when i worked for rentevision/visionhire in darlington in 1968 there was a telehire shop in darlington and catterick garrison .luckily i left to go back to telebank for more money just as visionhire bought them out . the plan was for me to go to catterick to sort that out as it was in a mess luckily i got the better offer and left. ironically the service manager at darlington telehire got the service managers job at visionhire over jim mc nichol who was the service manager when i worked there. kieth hodson and ken patterson from telehire went to catterick garrison shop along with bert dyke shop manager from bishopauckland visionhire
There is a "Telehire Service Centre" operating from Newcastle upon Tyne according to Google.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 7:22 pm   #5
gallowfields
Hexode

hi, the firm that rented the regentone mv818/918 [vc52 chassis ] sets was telebank[pearl radio bolton] before them they used kb tv10, and ace vv15[vc1 chassis ] all kb made sets .i worked for them from 1967 till 1972/3 with a short break [6 months] at rentevision / visionhire in darlington ]visionhire bought out telehire in 68 just as i left to go back to telebank as bench/field engineer .more money and miles better firm to work for .
Closed Thread