UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2020, 12:23 pm   #1
vaportrail
Diode

Default Garrard GT35P - Motor or PCB Inop ?

Hello: 1st post here. I have a Garrard GT35P turntable that has been inop for several years. Powers on, but the motor never turns. I was trying to get it running again. I have found the schematic and was looking to try and isolate if the issue is with the motor or in the control board so I can determine next steps. The motor has a 3 wire connection to the PCB. RWB wires and I am looking to see what the voltage measurements should be across the various wires. Alternatively if there is a way to provide an external voltage supply to the motor to check it out. Appreciate any help. Thanks, Jeff
Old 23rd May 2020, 1:06 pm   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Garrard GT35P - Motor or PCB Inop ?

About 25 years ago I picked up one of these which would not turn most of the time form cold. I had to dismantle the motor (a special 3v DC job) and clean the contacts and commutator, it worked fine afterwards for many years. Unfortunately, no digital cameras around then so I didn't take any pictures, but ISTR it wasn't too bad if you have a steady hand an an aptitude for delicate work.
Closed Thread