UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2020, 8:52 pm   #1
Growlerman
Hexode

Default Elizabethan Pop ten

Hi

Does anybody have a circuit diagram that they can email me for an Elizabethan Pop Ten record player? I have looked in Paul’s archive to see if it’s there to download but nothing for the Pop Ten.

Thanks in advance
Old 26th May 2020, 9:01 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Elizabethan Pop ten

This was actually my first record player. I don't have a circuit, but I think it had a basic UL84/UY85 amp typical of the early 60s, and an Autoslim deck.
Old 26th May 2020, 9:08 pm   #3
Half a Mullard
Hexode

Looks like a fairly basic Dansette clone, shouldn't be too complicated.

There is a thread about it here but no circuit unfortunately.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=104173
Old 26th May 2020, 9:34 pm   #4
Growlerman
Hexode

Thanks guys.

It uses a transformer with a solid state rectifier and what looks like an EL84 but the writing has partly rubbed off so it almost says EL34. There is a large can capacitor which I suspect will contain 3 capacitors.
The record deck is a BSR UA14 with a TC8 cartridge which looks to be dead. The previous owner told me that everything worked but no sound!

I haven’t had time yet to delve deeper as I only got it tonight so it was only a quick look.
I did search and read the previous threads on the Pop Ten. It seems some came with the Garrard deck and some with the UA14.
Old 26th May 2020, 9:49 pm   #5
paulsherwin

Yes, that's completely different to mine, which looked like the one in the linked thread. It sounds as if they were building them from whatever bits they had sitting around in the factory. No wonder it's difficult to find definitive service info.
Old 27th May 2020, 8:45 am   #6
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

The one I serviced was as described in Post #4. It will be an EL84. If it needs a new cartridge, be aware that BSR TC8H Mono-only cartidges are available - known as an H TC8.
Old 27th May 2020, 4:53 pm   #7
Growlerman
Hexode

Thanks Edward

I’m tempted to put H TC8 into this arm as I only want to play 78rpm and mono 45s on this machine.
I’ve noticed there is a guy on eBay selling new TC8 cartridges. I think he is the guy who restores Dansettes based in Rochdale.
Old 27th May 2020, 6:14 pm   #8
John10b
Nonode

I know that Mike at Dansette.com, up north, sell the cartridge you want, he is very helpful.
John
Closed Thread